Rachel House Is “99% Sure” Topaz Won’t Return For Thor: Love and Thunder

Have you ever looked at someone and thought “I’m so jealous of you that I could just kick you in the shin?” No? Just me that’s that aggressive?

Well, I can safely say that that is how jealous I am of Rachel House, who has starred in six of Taika Waititi’s movies, including the upcoming Next Goal Wins.

Is it too much to ask that I can regularly work with Taika and smell his hair whilst he’s not looking?

As I caught up with the Soul star, Rachel House, I wanted to ask about her character Topaz’s fate in the Thor series, as she was seen possibly meeting a grim demise in Thor: Ragnarok.

After some fans theorised that Topaz may have emerged from the wreckage, I took it upon myself to see what she made of this theory. Yes. I am a hero. Don’t thank me too much.

“I think she’s gone-rs, I do,” said Rachel. “I’m almost 100% sure that Topaz will not be seen again.” But don’t get too distraught if Topaz was one of your favourite characters; there’s still a chance.

Continuing, Rachel said “I’m about 99.9% sure that I will not be in the next Thor.” That leaves a 0.1% chance Topaz will return. (I didn’t say it was a good chance, okay?!)

Rachel continued to praise Taika Waititi, after starred in several of his films, including Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Eagle vs Shark and Jojo Rabbit (but her scene was later deleted from the final cut.)

Taika Waititi’s next upcoming movie, which also stars Rachel House, is Next Goal Wins, and is based on the documentary of the same name, about the American Samoa national football team, considered the weakest football team in the world, as they attempt to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

I can safely say that I’d only watch a full-length feature film about football if Taika and Rachel are involved. That is how much I love them.

Leave a Reply